Florida's Atlantic Coast RV Adventure Guide
From “The Historic Coast” of St. Augustine, to “The Space Coast” in Cape Canaveral, and “The Treasure Coast” of Port St. Lucie - the Atlantic Coast of Florida has something to offer for everyone.
With the Spanish history of massive forts and pirates, cattle ranching “cracker cowboys”, the epic ingenuity of the Kennedy Space Center, as well as immense amounts of wildlife between the ocean, estuaries, rivers, springs, and lakes the Atlantic Coast blends together to create an amalgamation of experiences and cultures ripe for RV exploration.
We cover a variety of areas in this guide from sugar-sand beaches along the coast, inland to Florida’s magnificent first- magnitude springs, to the largest lake in the state, and the subtropical wilderness of the Everglades.
Florida’s Atlantic Coast does not disappoint... we hope you’ll take the time to see for yourselves!
This guide is written as a seven-day exploration of Florida’s Atlantic Coast!
We provide a suggested route and itinerary, links to multiple campgrounds and boondocking spots, and the best spots to see along the way. Don’t plan your trip to Florida without it!
You can hit everything in seven days, do a whirlwind weekend tour, or you can take your time and explore the area over a few weeks.
Each stop is a curated view of the best things that we’ve enjoyed on this trip and want you to experience.
IN THIS GUIDE WE COVER IN DETAIL:
- The documents you’ll need to have easy access to Florida State Parks, the Everglades, and Ocala National Forest
- What you need to know for St. Augustine and “Florida’s Historic Coast” including commercial and state park campgrounds, the best ways to see the city, a 300+ year-old National Monument, and magnificently ornate buildings from the Gilded Age.
- The greater Port St. Lucie area and Florida’s Treasure Coast including a jaw-dropping military museum, two of the best Florida State Parks we’ve found on the Atlantic Coast, scenic nature hikes, and commercial, state, and county park campgrounds.
- The unique “Big Scrub” ecosystem of Ocala National Forest including multiple first-magnitude freshwater springs to go “spring-hopping” like the locals, nature walking trails, and boondocking sites, state park, and commercial campgrounds.
- Everglades National Park including one of the best wildlife viewing areas in the park, airboat tours, scenic hikes and nature walking trails, and commercial and national park campground options.
- Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park and the Lake Okeechobee area including Florida’s first “Dark Sky Park” - a premier location for stargazing, the largest freshwater lake in Florida, scenic hikes, and commercial and state park campgrounds.
- Cape Canaveral and “The Space Coast” including the awe-inspiring Kennedy Space Center, a National Wildlife Refuge and National Seashore, commercial and state park campground options, and two bonus “can’t miss” FL State Parks along the way.
- The greater Fort Lauderdale area including local tips and the spectacular downtown Riverwalk, a gorgeous State Park in the heart of a packed city - typically compared to Central Park in NYC, and commercial, state, and county park campgrounds.
WHAT THIS DIGITAL GUIDE ALSO HAS TO OFFER
Get Community Training Support
You'll be able to ask us your questions or post feedback in our Facebook group. Learn from the other RVers in the RV Lifestyle Group.
Fully Packed With Detailed Pictures and Instructions
This is a fully designed and edited guide that you can download and start reading immediately on your phone, tablet, computer or e-reader.
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a printed, hard copy guide. If you're interested in a hard copy, the guide is formatted to be extremely printer-friendly and you have the ability to print out at home or in an office supplies store.