Florida's Gulf Coast RV Adventure Guide
We RVers may wander far and wide but it’s true for most of us that we end up with some favorite “Go-To” places – places that draw us back again and again.
Stretching from the Gulf Islands National Seashore near Pensacola to the west and going all the way up along to Clearwater, Naples, and beyond - this is an area of contrasts.
There are more upscale shopping centers, fine restaurants, and busy little chic boutiques along the Gulf Coast than you will find just about anywhere else.
But just off those main drags and highways are quiet, tranquil places and the most glorious sugar-sand beaches we’ve found anywhere in America.
And, of course, the ocean water. Crystal-clear, turquoise, and emerald-colored. In some places, it looks like you are in the Caribbean.
We’re certain you’ll find a little slice of paradise here to call your own.
This guide is a seven day guided exploration of Florida’s Gulf Coast!
We provide a suggested route and itinerary, links to multiple campgrounds and boondocking spots, and the best spots to see along the way. Don’t plan your trip to Florida without it!
You can hit everything in seven days, do a whirlwind weekend tour, or you can take your time and explore the area over a few weeks.
Each stop is a curated view of the best things that we’ve enjoyed on this trip and want you to experience.
IN THIS GUIDE WE COVER IN DETAIL:
- The document you’ll want to purchase to have easy access to Florida State Parks
- Pensacola and The Gulf Islands National Seashore area including commercial and state campgrounds, one of the top 12 museums in the country, and our method of “day camping” along scenic undeveloped beaches
- Naples and Big Cypress National Preserve including commercial and state park campground options and boondocking sites, a scenic drive through the swamp, airboat tours, and cultural experiences at an Indian village
- Manatee Springs State Park and the Suwannee River area including multiple freshwater springs to go “spring-hopping” like the locals, commercial and state campgrounds, nature walking trails, and clear water caverns to go scuba diving
- What you need to know for Destin and The Emerald Coast including local tips and where to get away from the crowds, commercial and state park campgrounds, and three of our favorite FL state park beaches and hikes
- The greater Apalachicola area and Florida’s Forgotten Coast including commercial and state park campgrounds (and one that bills itself as “The Best Kept Secret Along the Forgotten Coast”), scenic hikes, and exploration of the local culture and seafood
- The greater Clearwater and St. Pete area including an undeveloped barrier island state park, two “can’t miss” museums, commercial and state park campgrounds, spectacular beaches, and one of the top botanical gardens in Florida
- The picturesque Sanibel Island including the best places for shelling, scenic hikes and nature walking trails, a phenomenal wildlife refuge, and commercial and state park campgrounds
WHAT THIS DIGITAL GUIDE ALSO HAS TO OFFER
Get Community Training Support
You'll be able to ask us your questions or post feedback in our Facebook group. Learn from the other RVers in the RV Lifestyle Group.
Fully Packed With Detailed Pictures and Instructions
This is a fully designed and edited guide that you can download and start reading immediately on your phone, tablet, computer or e-reader.
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a printed, hard copy guide. If you're interested in a hard copy, the guide is formatted to be extremely printer-friendly and you have the ability to print out at home or in an office supplies store.